Teach at BrainSilo
Interested in teaching at BrainSilo? We’re always looking for talented educators to teach classes at BrainSilo.
Here are some things to know about being a teacher BrainSilo:
- You don’t need to have a degree in your area of knowledge (but that’s a plus!).
- We take a percentage of class proceeds for paid classes. Usually it is 50% to you and 50% to BrainSilo.
- There is no usage fee for free classes.
- You don’t need to be a member to teach a class at BrainSilo, although a member is required to sponsor your class (opening/closing the space, etc).
- Members must recieve a discount on classes.
- Classes are open to the public.
- We appreciate references so we can vet you as a teacher.
If you’re interested in teaching a class, the first step is to post your idea in our Google Group to see if members would be interested.
Let Us Know
After you’ve read and completed the above, contact us with the following information:
- Proposed date(s)/time(s) for your class (give us alternates in case a date isn’t available)
- Class fee per student (if any)
- Materials fee (if any)
- Prerequisites for students (if any)
- Class description (2-3 paragraphs about the class, what will be taught and who the class is relevant to)
- Teacher bio (why should people trust you as a teacher?)
- Age restrictions for students (e.g. if it’s an adults only class, let us know!)
- Any photos of what students will learn (helps to sell your class)